Teh RawrCat's Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» would u rather...?
"Oh Brother" EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 4:50 pm by Blaise

» End piracy, but not our LIBERTY
"Oh Brother" EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm by Drake.

» "Oh Brother"
"Oh Brother" EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:39 pm by Drake.

» CaitlynZeZombieQuadricorn c:
"Oh Brother" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:14 pm by Drake.

» Your Favorite Character
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 pm by Drake.

» Musical Impressions
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 pm by Drake.

» The End Poem
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm by Drake.

» What is your favorite sport?
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm by Drake.

» Sandbox RP
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm by Drake.

» Elevator
"Oh Brother" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm by Drake.

"Oh Brother"

2 posters

Go down

"Oh Brother" Empty "Oh Brother"

Post by Blaise Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:00 pm

Prologue
------------

"Ella! Ella!" my brother's voice calls. 

I leave my drawing at my desk and move towards the door. "What's up, Louis?" I ask him. 

"Ella, don't cry, okay?" he tells me softly. I wonder why my twin brother is acting this way. Something must've happened. I hold my breath and nod my head. "They're taking us away, Ella. They said we're going to live in a new home because Mommy and Daddy aren't coming home anymore." 

My eyes become huge. "But it's our seventh birthday today! Mommy and Daddy have to come home!" I protest. 

Louis hugs me gently. "That's okay, Ella. We still have each other," he says. 

Big men help us pack our stuff. I am as confused as ever. Why isn't Mommy and Daddy coming home anymore? Don't they love us? As Louis and I walk past the living-room, I curiously watch some of the big men circle our tv. I peek a bit and see a car completely broken against a building, and a truck resting on the sidewalk. I distinctly think of how truck-drivers must be bad drivers. 

Finally, Louis and I pass through our doorway, the last time we ever will. 

Chapter One
-----------------

"Louis?" I call out in the dark. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I sleep next to you?" I ask. 

"Yeah, Ella. You can." 

I slip out of my small, cold bed and pull myself next to Louis on his small, cold bed. We wrap our arms each other, trying to stop the shivering that most likely did not have anything to do with the cold. 

"I'm scared, Louis."

He sniffs. "I know. Me, too."

"I heard them, Louis. I heard them say it. Mommy and Daddy are dead!" I exclaimed, and he shushes me. I start to cry and Louis holds me tighter. We've always been best friends. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost him. "Promise you won't leave me, Louis."

He shifts a bit, trying to get comfortable. "Yeah, I promise, Ella. I won't leave you."

"Cross your heart and hope to die!"

He giggles. "I crossed my heart and hoped to die," he swears.  

Giggling, we both fall asleep. 

Chapter Two
-----------------

"He's very sick; you can't see him right now, dear," the nurse says to me, ushering me to my room. 

"But he's my brother!" I protest angrily. 

The nurse pats my head once she gets me to settle down on my bed. "Now, now, Ella. Good girls don't whine. Why don't you read a little while I get your lunch?" 

I pout as she quitted the room. I jump off my bed and peer through the glass to see if she was out of sight. Then, I use a hairpin I found a while back to unlock the door. I warily go to infirmary where Louis is. 

A doctor just comes into the room as I round the corner. I hear him ask a nurse,"How's the patient?"

"His heart just stopped. There's nothing we can do now," the nurse replied. I stopped dead. No. Not Louis. It was always me who got sick, not him. Louis was active and healthy. He had no allergies or disorders. He was perfectly normal, average. 

And only non-average people can accept death so easily. 

I slide against the wall, my strength faltering. The nurse and doctor come out from the infirmary, and they look at me with surprise. 

"What are you doing here?" the doctor exclaims. 

"I wanted to see my brother," I reply. 

The two before me look at each other. Then, the doctor looks back at me. "Honey, your brother is being treated. He'll be fine in no time—"

"I already know. Louis is dead. Like Mommy and Daddy, he left me. Even though he promised." I start to cry and sob and I couldn't stop. 

More nurses come and carry me to my empty, empty room. It feels so cold and lonely. Louis... Why'd you leave me?

Chapter Three
--------------------

The sun came early, but my consciousness came late. I woke around brunch, and as soon as my legs touched the floor, I ran to the infirmary. I ran right onto the gurney Louis last laid on, indulged myself in it's scratchy sheets. I didn't even care when I heard footsteps. 

"Ella?"

My blood ran cold. It was just my imagination. I heard it myself. He was dead...

"Ella," he repeated. 

I turn my head, quivering with both fear and excitement. "Louis?" 

He tapped my forehead teasingly. "Who else?"

"T-they said you died!"

"But the doctor said I'd be fine in no time, remember? Your such a baby, Ella."

"No, I'm not!" I cry, jumping off the gurney and hugging him. "You scared me, Louis! I thought you broke our promise!" 

"Why would I, silly? I said I wouldn't leave you!" he said. 

Giggling, we skipped off to our room. 

Chapter Four
------------------

A sharp breeze woke me the next day, and I find window in my—our—room opened. A bit worried, I poke my head out. Louis was sitting on the ledge, and we were six floors up. 

"Louis, what are you doing there?" I called. My heart raced. What if he fell? 

He turned he head towards me and smiled. "Just feeling the wind. It feels really nice, Ella! Come join me," he replied. 

"But we could fall!" I exclaimed, biting my lip. 

"You chicken, Ella! You're such a scaredy-cat, you know. I can't believe you're my sister," he sneered. 

Surprise, shame, and the need to prove him wrong provoked me. I never heard him speak like that, ever, especially to me. He was my precious brother, and I, his precious sister. We never spoke so harshly to one another. 

Indignant, I climbed over the windowsill and balanced myself on the ledge, walking towards Louis. "I'm not a chicken!" 

"Whatever you do, don't look down, Ella!" he giggled. 

Of course, I had looked down—how could I not?—and lost my balance for a moment. It took a minute of regaining myself to avoid falling down. Louis simply laughed. 

My lips quivered, and I was ready to cry. "Why are you so mean to me, Louis?" I cried. 

"'Why are you so mean to me, Louis,'" he teased in a stupid voice. 

"Stop that!"

"'Stop that!'"

"If you don't, I'll—"

"Ella!" Nurse Terese's voice called out to me from the window. 

The sudden outburst caused me to spin so fast around that I lost my balance, fell, and held onto the ledge with my mere fingers. I screamed, and so did the nurse. 

"Ella! Ella!" she called. "I'll come get you; don't let go!"

In a few minutes, I was lifted up from the ledge. "Goodness, Ella, what were you doing there?" she chatised, brushing off dirt from my pajamas. 

"Louis dared me to," I replied, and her eyes wandered fearfully to the window, which Louis was just climbing out of. 

"My dear... Your brother—he's..." I waited patiently for her continuation. But it came after a long pause, her eyes sparkling with frustration and fear. "Don't bother with your brother anymore, Ella. It's not healthy."

"But he's my brother!" I protest. 

"Enough, Ella!" she reprimanded, and she left me standing there.  

Louis touches my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Ella. I got you in trouble." 

"It's okay, Louis. I had fun anyway."

Chapter Five
-----------------

"It's your fault, Ella! You threw the ball up too high! You better get it back," Louis said. 

I ran next to him, looking at the high fence dividing us and the ball. "But there are dogs on the other side," I protested. 

Louis was indignant. "Like I said, it's your fault. Figure it out yourself," he replied with eyes of amusement rather than chastisement. 

Warily I stepped closer to the fence, my heart beating fast. Louis was right; it was my fault. I crawled under the opening at the bottom of the fence; I was small enough to fit under, though not unscathed nor unsoiled. 

A few dogs were sniffing at our blue ball, but the wind blew my way, and so did they. They looked at me viciously as I approached them slowly. 

"Good doggies," I coaxed, my hand reaching out slowly, trembling. 

I dipped my hand to pick up the ball and I jerked my hand away fast—too fast. My sudden movement alerted the canines and they were on me. 

I screamed as they chewed on my face, my hands—everywhere. I whimpered and sobbed, yelling for help. The ball rolled away, covered in blood. 

I attempted to drag myself away, but they clamped onto me. I heard footsteps and high, panicked voices. I kicked wildly, making contact with one. 

"NURSE! NURSE! GO GET HER!"

"JUMP THE FENCE! GET HER OUTTA THERE!"

"WHY THE HE'LL DID YOU LET HER GO THERE?"

The dogs were pulled off me. I rolled into a ball, blood covering my hands. I felt numb. I was lifted off the ground. Darkness engulfed me. 

Chapter Six
----------------

"Ella..."

My eyes open. 

"Ellaaaa..."

I look around in curious anxiety. 

"Ella, come here..."

I get up, but IVs restrain me. I pull them off. 

"Ella..."

I step off my bed, but my movements are stiff. 

"Come to me, Ella..."

I let the cold wall guide me through the near-darkness. 

"Ella..."

I stop in front of a mirror. 

"There you are."

I'm covered in bandages from my face to toes. I raise my shaking fingers and press them against the chilly glass. 

"Louis..?" I whisper. 

He appears before me. He looks perfect, unscathed. "You look all banged up, Ella." 

"Yeah...," I reply sheepishly, rubbing my arm. "What are you doing in there?"

"I'm stuck, Ella. I moved on too fast." 

You left me. 

"You have to let me out."

You won't come back to me. 

"Break the glass, Ella."

Let me come, too. 

"Come to me..."

Let me die, too. 

Tears roll down my cheeks. My fingers graze the glass, trying to feel him. "Louis, Louis." He's so unreachable. Why did he leave me? He promised me that we'd always be together. 

The sheer realization that he was never there after that day shook me. A cold finger ran down my spine. 

"Let me come with you Louis!" I banged my bandaged arm against the mirror. 

Horror flashed through his face. "Stop it Ella! Don't force yourself!" 

"No! We're supposed to be together forever, Louis! Why'd you leave me?!" Shards of glass protruded from my hands and arms, fresh blood running out of them. The glass showered down on me. 

But he still wasn't there. 

I slid down against the wall, my hands covering my face. The shards scratched my cheeks and eyes, but I didn't care. I shook with sadness. 

He was never there. All of it—every single day that he was there—it was all an illusion. Louis was... 

"Oh god! Some one call the doctor—she has no pulse!" 

"She's dead."
Blaise
Blaise
Admin

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 4

https://rawrcatlikescake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

"Oh Brother" Empty Re: "Oh Brother"

Post by Drake. Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Rivetting narrative, chap. /:3

On a more serious note, I'd prolly enjoy it more if I could discern what the meaning is...

Drake.

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Ella was suffering from PTSD and Schizoprenia. She was imagining her brother all along.
Blaise
Blaise
Admin

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 4

https://rawrcatlikescake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake. Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I got the bit that her brother wasn't really there, but what about all the other stuff? I mean, since it's a series about human psychology, I thought there'd be some sort of underlying purpose to all of the men in black suits who take both Ella and her brother away (unless they're both mentally ill? I dunno), and the nurses.

Drake.

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum