Teh RawrCat's Private Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» would u rather...?
"Our World" EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 4:50 pm by Blaise

» End piracy, but not our LIBERTY
"Our World" EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm by Drake.

» "Oh Brother"
"Our World" EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:39 pm by Drake.

» CaitlynZeZombieQuadricorn c:
"Our World" EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:14 pm by Drake.

» Your Favorite Character
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 pm by Drake.

» Musical Impressions
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:30 pm by Drake.

» The End Poem
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm by Drake.

» What is your favorite sport?
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 pm by Drake.

» Sandbox RP
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm by Drake.

» Elevator
"Our World" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm by Drake.

"Our World"

5 posters

Go down

"Our World" Empty "Our World"

Post by Blaise Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

"Our World"

Prologue
------------

This world, our Earth, is a daily, minutely companion. A place we live on, a place to feed from, to drink from, to keep secrets in. The land we walk on know our every secret: our wishes, desires, and especially our faults. It knows our every move and buries over us at death. It's almost as if it takes in all of a man's faults, decomposes it, and remakes it into a new being. 

Our world is so complicated. It's covered in dirt, yet we consider this grime beauties. We admire these beauties, yet we soil it further. 

The powerful men, they commit homicides without drawing blood. They backstab, they twist tongues, and they ruin lives; both theirs and others. 

I suppose it changed a whole lot after what was considered Armageddon. A battalion of meteors killed off almost every living being on Earth. Almost. 

Sometimes I wish I had died that day. I often regret having been one of the few that survived up to now and here on after. 

----One---

Once our few hundred people found safety underneath the Dome, we all waited for so long. Perhaps years. We lived day by day on scarce provisions, which surprisingly lasted up to the day we left the Dome. 

We hadn't planned on going out, but a crack in the Dome allowed people access to the outside world. At first, it was a secret adventure; a few teens ventured out and told others. Soon, news spread throughout the Dome quickly, and we were let out. The government officials that survived instantly took on the roles of rulers, and soon enough, tyrants. 

Outside, food was so scarce. There were barely anymore animals, so finding them were a rare and exciting treat. Water sources were also few, but the plant life had lived on. It might not have been as much as before, but it was plenty enough to keep us full. 

However, we soon turned on each other. We were annoyed by the little food given to us, and this hunger drove us away from each other. Living was soon a solitary activity. 

----Two----

Due to our doubt in working together, each person had to fend for themselves. We had to hunt only for ourselves. Soon enough, all animals but humans became instinct. Fish still occupied the waters, but anyone who ventured in deep waters never came back up alive, or with all their limbs intact. Many died by drowning, a death forced by hunger. 

Any food was to be found on land. The only meat eaten was by either decomposing wild animals or human flesh. 

Some attempted grouping to try to accomplish society. This, as everything else, didn't last long. Hunger ruled our minds and those in groups turned on each other; killing the other and devouring them. We soon became the wild animals we hunted. 

Epilogue
----------

I suppose it's not as different as before. We're still backstabbing. Hunger and poverty still exists. Death is unavoidable. 

I suppose our humanity is inevitable. We're the same whatever happens. 

I suppose the only thing that ever changes is the world around us. 
Blaise
Blaise
Admin

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 4

https://rawrcatlikescake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

"Our World" Empty Re: "Our World"

Post by Rannyxshl Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 pm

...Sounds like Enclave xD me n Veronica n idk who else read it, n it was good Smile
Rannyxshl
Rannyxshl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake. Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 am

I'm gonna have to call physical impossibility. /:3
If a barrage of meteors were in the collision path of the Earth, and they were big enough to survive entry and do serious damage, we'd all be dead. Most likely, they'd push the Moon out of orbit (with gravity, not collision), and cause tidal waves (or lack) which would kill all marine plant life, depriving all land animals (including humans) of oxygen, which would kill them all eventually. Humanity deceased, without any meteor hitting Earth. Assuming the Moon, against all chances, actually survived that unaffected, the meteors (and we're assuming big enough to wipe out most of humanity here), would knock up such vast amounts of dust that it would blot out the sun. Plants die from sunlight deprivation, animals die from food deprivation, humanity is extinct. It is impossible to have only a few left or something.

Last edited by Drake. on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drake.

Character Sheet
Field Prototype 1: 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Rannyxshl Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 am

Actually, I would like 2 correct >:3
There is a theory that meteors would strike our planet, so people are currently digging 100 ft.ditches for people to take shelter in and not be harmed by the meteors. They will bring down generators and, of course, animals; water; and plants. We will be basically living underground until we can survive on Earth again or until the dust clears out. People will go up onto the surface of Earth using ladders to conserve energy, and then we will fix everything we can. Sounds smart and simple doesn't it?
Rannyxshl
Rannyxshl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake. Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 am

You misunderstand. This dust wouldn't clear after a few months or something, oh no. It would last, for small-scale meteors, around a decade. For the type we're talking about here, around a hundred years. Humanity, for the gene pool to stay open and for people to not die because of too much inbreeding, would need at least, say, 200 people, 300 people for that, and that's pushing it. You can't feed that many people for 100 years on any amount of food. Not only would it spoil beforehand, but you'd have to dig so deep that you'd hit magma, making it implausible unless you basically hollowed out the Earth's crust in a localized area. I don't think I need to tell you that this is impossible. And even if the 200-300 humans managed to survive without killing each other or running out of food for that long, they'd have 3-4 meters of ash to contend with, and a weak amount of sunlight at best, making farming, the necessary next step, impossible, doubly so because the soil would have no way to regain it's various minerals because of the lack of natural input.

Drake.

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rannyxshl Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:39 pm

O___o SO SMART!!! I had no idea wat half of wat u just said means, WHICH IZ Y UR SO SMART!!!
Rannyxshl
Rannyxshl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake. Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:22 pm

I forgot to tell you. You DON'T debate with Drake. over science.

Drake.

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rannyxshl Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm

I forgot to tell you. You DON'T act smart with Rannyxshl or else her head will implode...ESPECIALLY if its science related. She sucks at it!
Rannyxshl
Rannyxshl

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake. Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

But the brain is the best bit! If your head imploded, it'd ruin the taste!

Drake.

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rannyxshl Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:37 pm

...and dats EXACTLY y u dnt do dat!!! n im not smart so am i yummy???
Rannyxshl
Rannyxshl

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaise Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Goodness, Drake, everyone knows you're a genius already >.< Besides, you killed the fun. This story depicts my views on society. Not every single story avoids paradox. Some even "embrace it" as OSC once said.
Blaise
Blaise
Admin

Character Sheet

https://rawrcatlikescake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstar Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Gee Drake, now that you're done enlargening your ego, maybe you could consider that this I fiction.

Sandstar

Back to top Go down

Post by enchi Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:19 pm

•.° pretty story
enchi
enchi

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rannyxshl Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:25 pm